Sunday, January 3, 2010

Preview

I hope everyone had a pleasant and relaxing break! I am looking forward to seeing everyone bright and early tomorrow morning so we can begin some exciting projects and units.

Starting tomorrow, students will be taking over the task of running morning meetings. Students have been assigned days and should know the expectations of their task. Students may bring a poem, short story, song, game, joke, or other brief activity to share with the class. Classmates have the option of presenting a book talk (each student is required to do one per trimester but the specific date is up to the individual). I believe this will be a great way for students to share a little of their own interests while increasing their confidence with public speaking.

In January we will begin studying the 13 colonies for social studies and biographies for reading. We will also be writing three essays this month as well as working in groups to learn about various forms of punctuation. We are going to have a busy and exciting month.

See you all tomorrow!