Monday, August 31, 2009

Day One is Done

Hello! The first day of school is now over and I hope everyone had as much fun as I did getting to know the class. Given that it was the first day of school there were some rough edges but I think we did a great job getting started on smoothing out the edges.

Except for reading at home (hopefully you are doing this on your own!) there will rarely be homework for this class. I will post any exceptions to this guideline on this blog to help everyone remember when it comes up.

This week we will not have our regular math schedule; tomorrow and Wednesday we will take a placement test to get a feel for where everyone is with math. Mrs. Kelly, Mrs. Sims, Mrs. Loeung, Mrs. Chiu and our class will be switching rooms for math based on book placement. The switching will begin on Tuesday after Labor Day.

Now that I've met the class I'm more excited than ever. We are going to have a great year and I'm looking forward to getting started with science and writing tomorrow.