Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hello!

Welcome to the new school year! My name is Ms. Steichen and I am thrilled to be joining the teaching team at Corbett.

Let me start by saying a little about myself. My previous teaching experience is with fourth, seventh, and eighth graders in the Portland Public School District. In my free time I enjoy gardening, sewing, cooking, reading, crossword puzzles, and watching movies with my fiancé, Tom, and our two adorable cats, Matrim and Pellinore. Tom and I will be getting married on November 7th in Portland. I also have been bitten by the travel bug and love going just about anywhere! My favorite travels so far have taken me to Estonia, Iceland, Denmark, France, and beyond.

This year I hope we can work together to create a fantastic learning environment full of adventure, respect, and understanding about ourselves, each other, and the world around us. Please don't hesitate to contact me about any concerns, ideas, or comments.

Here's a few pictures of my hobbies:

Me with beautiful Iceland:

Me and Tom, in New York City:

Matrim and Pellinore, the cutest cats in the world (in my opinion!):

Here's my garden in April:

Here's my garden in August: