Last week was cut short for me as I caught quite a cold and was out for Wednesday and Thursday but I know much happened in class those days. I was disappointed to miss the big class competition for the Rube Goldberg inventions but I am glad Mr. Moll was able to take some great pictures and videos of the machines in action. In the end, Wyatt, Isabel, Alex F, Alex G, and Katlin will be taking their invention to the school competition on Monday morning.
Geology Bowl began on Tuesday and will be completed on Monday. The competition was strong. There are 29 very knowledgeable geologists in Room 11!
We started our geography study on Tuesday. Students will be working on a country project that will take them up to Spring Break. The project will involve making a variety of map types, writing histories of residents of their countries, creating cultures, regions, geological histories, national parks, and more. I am very excited about this study and I can tell many students are as well.
The up-coming week will be our final week of book groups. Please encourage your student to return all book group books by Tuesday, February 22nd so they can be returned to the Multnomah County Library without late fees.
Just a reminder: mural painting starts this week! Please send a paint shirt to school if possible. I have some available but not enough for the entire class. Let me know if you are interested in helping, as well. Thanks!